Wednesday 19 June 2013

Japanese Baseball and Comic

Mihashi! Tajima! CHHEEEE----SSE

One thing I always love about Japanese comics and animation is that their stories and characters always tug your heart. One of my favorites is Ookiku Furikabutte, a comic about high school baseball that has a pretty amusing main character in my opinion. *laugh in remembrance of one episode* It has 2 seasons of anime and thus far over 20 plus volumes. But the love for the characters and the respect to the work in its anime adaptation is felt. I hope you give it a read if you have not :)

If one is to compare Japanese animation, American animation and European animations, who each has their own beauty with their beautiful styles and visual storytelling, I don't wish to judge. But, I always ponder as an artist myself, what can I do/improve to tell a good story visually and emotionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment