Tuesday 19 March 2013

The Watch: Comic Process


The Watch is an on-going thesis project, a comic of a NEET called Xian, who finally steps out of his room to work as a Night Guard. But the Building he guards has something more installed for him. 

-

These are some of the process/page layouts made for the comic.

I did around 4 drafts to reach to the draft approved by my mentor, Hannes before heading over to color roughs, since i be doing in color (which is something I have not had the courage to tackle until now.) Under Hans Bacher in his Illustration for Designer and through this project, I have come to appreciate and enjoy Color. 

Nowadays, I am taking notice of the colors that i am facing in my own life and hope to put them in my future works to come :)

Some of the version to confirmed drafts



The process of the comic

 The color script of the entire comic- A guide

Examples: Some of the Color Rough and Page layout



Style exploration

Inspired by various artists in colors and illustrations. Particularly Pascal Campion, Lou Romano and Tadahiro Uesugi's philosophies and techniques. 

Thought about black and white/inking, but decided that the mood is best felt with colors.





No comments:

Post a Comment